- How to enable the disk use of iPod?
- How to prevent iTunes erase the iPod automactically when connecting the iPod to the computer?
- How to use iPod Computer Wizard?
- It doesn't work, what should I do next?
Caution: Do NOT sync your iPod with iTunes unless all the desired songs/videos have been copied, otherwise, depends on the configuration of your iPod, iTunes may erase your iPod. If you have configured iPod to be synced with iTunes automatically, please read question 2 on how to prevent iTunes update your iPod automatically.
If you are using iPod Touch (iTouch) or iPhone, you do NOT need to enable disk use, just connect the device to the computer, and iPod Computer Wizard can detect your device automatically.
If you are using other type of iPod (e.p. Classic, nano, shuffle, ...), there are 2 different methods avaliable. Please note, you may already enabled the disk use of your iPod before, if iPod Computer Wizard can detect your iPod correctly, you can skip this step safely.
Method 1 is recommended.
If you have configured your iPod to auto-sync with iTunes, your iPod may be erased by the iTunes automatically once you connect it to your computer via USB cable.
(If you are using "Manually manage music" or you didn't configure iTunes to auto start, you can ignore below information safely. )
To prevent this, please press the "Shift" key in your keyboard first, then connect the iPod to the computer, if iTunes didn't start automatically, then you are safe to release the "Shift" key, and run iPod Computer Wizard to continue. If iTunes started automatically, by pressing the "Shift" key, you should see a "Choose iTunes Library" dialog box, release "Shift" key now and click the "Quit" button to close the iTunes, run iPod Computer Wizard to continue.
- Connect your iPod to the computer via USB cable (See question 2 above if you have enabled auto-sync feature of iPod before)
- Close iTunes if it is running or start automatically
- Run iPod Computer Wizard, select the playlist or photo album from the left panel, and check the songs/photos you want to transfer. Tip: To select all the music and videos, please choose the "All music and videos", then, click the "Check All" from the dropdown menu.
- Click the "Copy" button, you can configure the output folder and other settings here. Check "Copy playlists and music to the iTunes library at the same time" if you want to copy the playlists and music to iTunes.
- Click the "Start" button to go. Wait until it finish it's work.
Don't worry, almost all the problems can be fixed with our support.
Please click the "Detail log" link above the "Done" button at the transfer progress dialog box. You could find some useful information about the problem from this log. Then try the suggestion below:
- Check if you have iTuens 7.5 or above installed, if not, please upgrade it from Apple's website.
- Remove all the USB storage devices (e.p.: USB flash disk, removable disk, digital carmera etc.) from your computer.
- Re-connect the iPod to the computer
- Close the iTunes if it is running
- Make sure your iPod is well connected with your computer during the whole transfer, you should always see a "Do not disconnect" message in your iPod's screen.
- Run this program and try to copy the songs again.
If it doen't work, please contact us for solution at email@example.com